Happy Monday everyone!
Is fall here yet?
I know I can't wait either.
So to keep us busy...here is a wonderful fall tutorial.
It is Pumpkin Burlap Door Hanger by
Isn't this Pumpkin adorable!! I is made on Burlap.
Here are the instructions from her website:
What you'll need:
-burlap (1.5-2 yards but of course that will vary depending on what you're making). Colored burlap if available or you can get the white or tan burlap and paint it.
-fishing line and needle (or twine would work and I've seen some staple theirs with a stapler)
1) Buy burlap (I buy mine from Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon) and was able to find the orange color this time.
2. Decide on the shape you want and trace/outline on burlap.
3. Cut two pieces of burlap in desired shape.
4. Take some glue (I used Elmer's) and a paint brush and brush glue all over the two burlap pieces. This will make it stiff. Don't worry the glue will go on white, but dry clear.
5. Once the pieces are dry you'll lay the two pieces on top of each other and sew together the edges to connect them into one piece. NOTE: I used fishing line to sew with since it's clear and you can't see it and because it's so sturdy. I've seen others use a stapler. ANOTHER NOTE: Do not sew the last six inches initially. Leave six inch gap so that you can stuff with batting or tissue paper. Once stuffed then sew the last six inches together.
6. Decorate as desired and hang on your front door. If you buy the white or tan burlap then this is the step where you'll paint it.
Yes it is that simple! I am going to have to make myself one of these. Remember to Visit Tiffanie's blog for more great ideas for fall.